Touchless Technology - Overview
The world was fast transitioning to contactless interactions well before COVID-19, however, the increased need for touchless technologies to reduce hygiene anxiety and ease the spread of germs has pushed this innovation to the forefront. In many retail stores, you can already initiate contactless payments through smartphones/watches or contactless debit cards. But touch is still everywhere – elevators, ATMs, restaurant menus, and more, all require direct hand contact. Until now.
The Minfo app can integrate with hardware and software across a variety of verticals – point-of-sale terminals, elevators, ATMs, and more – to enable people to complete their desired operation from their own mobile device. Need to get down to the 3rd floor? Minfo it. Gotta grab some cash for happy hour? Minfo that too. No more pushing buttons. No more worrying about spreading germs. Minfo makes touchless a reality.
Unlike NFC, Minfo can connect from an inch up to 7 feet away (a safe distance) from the source and needs no special hardware. Minfo only needs a speaker or microphone, depending on the process.
How it works
The Minfo app uses inaudible, high-frequency sound technology to let users connect to and control nearby Minfo-enabled devices. When you approach a Minfo-enabled device, what we call a Minfo Zone, seeing a decal similar to “we accept VISA/Mastercard” etc., simply open Minfo and you can connect to interact with it. Once you tap a button in the Minfo app, your phone will send the instruction to the device. Minfo gives the universal remote a whole new meaning.
Your phone can also act as a Minfo Zone, transmitting a unique sound file to connect with other people using Minfo and transfer your business card or company Minfo page and more….
- Retail/Restaurants - menus, point-of-sale systems and handing your card to a waiter are all sources of germ transmission for customers and employees alike – moreover, possible opportunities for fraud. Minfo removes the need to give your card to anyone and allows consumers to shop, dine and pay touch-free.
- Elevators and lifts - Minfo enables people to call and control elevators from their smartphones, eliminating the need to press buttons, and reduces hygiene anxiety of contracting a virus and spreading germs.
- Other applications for Minfo touchless include: crosswalk buttons, point-of-sale terminals, vending machines, queuing systems, registration at medical offices, hospitality, hotel remote controls and more. We are also about to conduct a proof of concepts for ATMs.
Why go touchless with Minfo?
- Reduce Hygiene Anxiety
- Keep customers and staff safer by reducing potential contamination touch points
- Reduce maintenance costs of buttons that were not designed to be pressed by pens, steel gadgets, knees etc.
- Reduce downtime and improve productivity
- Reduce queuing times by conducting more on your phone
- Increase sales by point of differentiation to your competitors
- Get More Info when you want it
If you want to make your workplace safer for your customers, staff and visitors, please complete one of the following forms or contact Minfo directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.